Ruins of Fenagh Abbey
The Sisters of Mercy are present in two locations in Co Leitrim, Ballinamore and Manorhamilton.
Original Convent, Ballinamore
Modern Residence, Ballinamore
Fr. Thomas Brady, Parish Priest of Ballinamore made a request to the Sisters in Belturbet to set up a foundation in his Parish, in 1871. The Sisters immediately set about their work of education, visiting families, and care of the sick.
The work continues, changing and adapting in response to the demands and needs. More>>
Our Lady’s Hospital, Manorhamilton
The Sisters arrived in Manorhamilton in 1891 from Belturbet to work in the Fever Hospital and have been engaged in hospital and related work over the years. More>>