Convent Of Mercy, Cappoquinn
The Convent in Cappoquin was founded from Wexford on the 25th of November 1850. Sister Teresa Kelly accompanied, Sister De Sales Doyle, Catherine Devereux and Vincent Fanning, the founding Sisters.
In 1875 an Industrial School for Boys was opened. This was in operation until 1975. The Sisters also taught in local schools.
Foundations were made from Cappoquin in Ardmore, Dungarvan, Kilmacthomas, Stradbally, Co Waterford and Cahir, Co Tipperary and Rockhampton, Australia.
Foundations were made from Dungarvan in Cooktown, Australia and Yola, Nigeria.
Foundations were made from Cahir in Clogheen, Clonmel, Ballyporeen, Co Tipperary, Portlaw, Co Waterford and Haverford West in Wales.