St. Anne’s, Booterstown in the South Dublin suburbs, opened in 1838 was Catherine McAuley’s 7th foundation. A committee of wealthy gentlemen, set up to help the poor of the are invited Catherine to take over this work, especially as a typhus epidemic had left several orphans in need of care. Land and money were donated by the Hon. Sidney Herbert for the building of a convent and school. Invalid Sisters from Baggot Street also convalesced in Booterstown. Catherine herself often stayed there and novices were brought there for outings, availing of the new steam train.